Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baby Card Featuring Lawn Fawn Stamps

I created this baby card tonight using Lawn Fawn Plus One, copics, stickles, and my cuttlebug. As much as I love trying new techniques, I love having staples like some of these to fall back on. There's a reason they've stayed popular!


I trimmed scrap from my stash to 3.75" x 2" in peach, mint, and light yellow. I ran them through the Cuttlebug using my first and trusty-dusty Swiss Dots folder. I punched the bottom of each layer using the EK Success border punch "Bumpy Road", and adhered each one with a strip of ATG adhesive only at the very top. Once there were adhered down, I sort of flipped the bottom of each layer outward to give it some depth.

On a white scalloped circle, I stamped my image in London Fog ink and colored it using R22, G00 and Y21. No shading this time. I adhered it with a large, thick foam square and over the top I used Bundled Sage and Mustard Seed Distress Stickles.

Finally, on the topmost (yellow) layer, I stamped a sentiment from Grand Greetings in New Sprout ink and tied a bow using yellow Doodletwine. Voila!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I so appreciate your comments, questions, and subscriptions! ;)
xoxo,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how the different colors really set off the embossing and the sentiment.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! I so appreciate your sweet comments. I've been replying, but just now figured out how to actually have a 'reply' button so that you can see my responses! :)
      xoxo
      Emily

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)