Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Three Mini Cards

I received a package I was expecting this afternoon and among the items in it were some new mini punches and three new Copics! I also got some dew drop ink pads, twine, and mini alpha stickers. I was really inspired to put the new things to use, and came up with a card I am just in love with. Isn't that fun to say when it's about something you've made with your own two hands? :)

Mini Ombre Hearts


Before I knew I what I wanted to actually create, my workspace looked something like this. It began because I wanted to try out my new Sketches (BG13, BG18, + B29). The blue I purchased is not one recommended to blend with the others I have from that color family, so I wasn't expecting great results. As I blended them I thought, Why not test my cute little heart punch and see how they blended? I was giddy over the result, a bright, bold, vibrant blue just screaming out. I just love with when a happy little accident happens like this. I decided to blend a few other colors combos, and by the time I was done doing that and punching them out, I had a load of cute itty bitty hearts on my desk. I added a Lawn Fawn sentiment in probably my favorite font ever, some of my new gold maya road twine, and voila. I'll be keeping this on my shelf so I can oogle at it for awhile. :)

I made 2 other minis:

Mini Sweet Strawberry
(Using Admit One and Summertime Charm Stamps + Lawn Cuts)

(Using Here's the Scoop)

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you'll feel inspired to put your new items to use right away, no matter the comination. Make something you love!
xoxo
Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)