Friday, July 19, 2013

Scrapping Photo Strips

You know those super-fun photo strips you can print at the mall or theme parks? They've gotten to be really trendy recently and I love 'em. We even had a photo booth at our wedding reception last fall! The company that ran the booth offered the option of having all the strips from the night printed and compiled into a scrapbook matching our wedding colors. Swoon. :)

At the wedding of our dearest friends last month, we popped in and out of a similar booth quite a few times throughout the night and I wanted to make sure I documented the strips rather than leaving them hang on the fridge. Though I've printed my fair share of fun photo strips over the years since junior high, I've never attempted to scrap them. So...I turned to Pinterest for some guidance. I found myself inspired by several layouts, but this one stood out to me the most:


From my beloved-but-discontinued favorite magazine, Scrapbooks Etc., 2011.
I loved the way the strips were placed in a jagged form, with a somewhat uniform patterned paper behind and loads of ephemera all on one side.

Here's what I came up with:



Since I am working on a scrapbook album that is made up of ONLY Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm collection (my favorite ever), it was easy to choose my color scheme and appropriate embellishments. This was a lot of fun. Thanks for reading along with me. :)

xoxo,
Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)