Monday, November 1, 2010

Today my family lost a wonderful lady. My cousin Rieta passed away this afternoon. I wanted to put something here to say --

She was never without a smile
She was champion bowler in the special olympics
she loved to sing in the choir
she loved to work puzzles and eat sweets
But most of all, where her heart REALLY lied, was with cats.

Rieta loved cats, even more than I do, which is saying something. I had the chance to make her this card and give it to her on Saturday, the last time we saw her alert.

I miss her, and I hate that she couldn't spend more time here spreading her cheer. I hope she knew how much we appreciate and love her. For anyone reading...pet your cat a little longer every now and then, for her. It would make her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)