Saturday, September 11, 2010

Autumn Mini Album

So like 2 years ago, I got this cute little accordion album that fits in a matching kraft box. I decided to make the theme Autumn (my very favorite season), with the intent that I would eventually make 4 mini albums, one for each season. Each page is meant to be one of my favorite things about the season. :) Well, it got away from me and I just rediscovered the little box, with only a cover semi-complete and patterned paper adhered to a few pages.

Josh recently got me a really cute set of Peanuts 3d stickers, and they inspired me to get back on track with this cute little gem I had abandoned. So, here is the cover, as it is now. I love it, but I really want to add more to it somehow.

^ patterned paper + square punch + distress crackle paints in spiced marmalade & black soot



So, here is the first new addition:


^ tim holtz distress ink in scattered straw over ghost outfits.
rock candy distress stickles over Great Pumpkin sign

^ clear-embossed bat over journal tag. :)


This segment of the book is still under construction; The blank area is reserved for mini movie posters of favorite scaries.

tag = inked with distress pumice stone ink & palette hybrid ink in Noir
tree/gravestone clear embossed over pumice stone distress ink
heart = doodlebug crushed velvet flock

blood hand-sketched with versamark watermark pen; embossed with ranger red embossing tinsel

Aged Mahogany Distress Crackle Paint
Grungeboard letters from mixed minis set


fun embellishment I made (I'll add it in later)
grungeboard scull from elements set
ranger black embossing powder on bones
distress crackle paint
paper studio screw brads


I so love this beautiful time of year when everything changes. I'm excited for this project that will document all of my favorite parts. :) One thing I love about papercrafting, which kind of gets lost in lots of my pages that are sheet-protected, is the texture that is created by all the different techniques. From embossing, to fun fibers, to grungeboard, flock, and distressing, I love all the ways projects can be exposed for people to feel. Yay!

Thanks for readingggg!! :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)