Thursday, April 11, 2013

{craft room} Stickles Storage Makeover

Hey guys!

We've had some beautiful weather this week and I got to take advantage of an afternoon in the backyard. I was feeling inspired to spruce up something for the craft room, so I decided to transform my Stickles Storage.


I found this little Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit trinket shelf at a flea market in college a few years ago. It sat dusty and unused for a few years, until I got married and got my own craft space! It has served as the perfect showcase and storage spot for all my fun Stickles.

If you know me, you know that I love color, so I really wanted to do some transforming, but without losing the charm that attracted me to the piece in the first place. I love the Peter Rabbit medallion on the top, the little drawers (though they do not open), and the dainty blue and rosebud wallpaper. It looks like it belongs in a dollhouse! I used some standard Hobby Lobby paintbrushes (25 for $4.99, and they're amazing quality - seriously!!!) and basic yellow acrylic paint. It took about 3 coats and dried very quickly in the sunshine. :)



I am so grateful to have an area to take advantage of my love for art and creativity, so even a change as small as this to my crafty nook is very exciting to me.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)