Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hello Crafty Friend card

Hello. :) I was really lousy at being productive this evening, but I did manage to get this card done. I picked up this Paper Smooches stamp set a couple weekends ago at Happy Paper Pusher when I was taking my Lawn Fawn Class - more on that later.. :) I have desperately delayed buying my first Paper Smooches stamp set for quite some time, because I love Lawn Fawn so much, and definitely DO NOT need to get hooked on another adorable series of images. However, I couldn't resist this set. I have a feeling I'll be experiencing more Paper Smooches in the future. :)



I began by stamping the easel and sentiment in versamark and embossing with black powder using my heat tool. Once it cooled, I fussy-cut out the easel. I colored the wood in with Copics and gave the "canvas" area some shading. I set it aside.

Next, I stamped the easel again, lightly, in the middle of a piece of white cardstock. I stamped the paint splat in rainbow colors all around the easel image until I was satisfied with the mess. :) I adhered the embossed + colored easel down with rolled Glue Dots, directly on top of the second stamped easel. I adhered the white cardstock to some blue scrap to create a card, and finished with some baker's twine secured by notched I punched.

I love love love how colorful and cheerful this card turned out! Thanks so much for reading along with me... Happy crafting. :)
Emily

Materials used:
- I Heart Art stamp set (Paper Smooches)
- Coconut Swirl cardstock (Bazzill)
- Versamark pad, black embossing powder, and heat tool
- Dew Drop Inks: Tangelo, Grape Jelly, Bahama Blue, Pear Tart, Ladybug, Dandelion, Lilac Posies (Memento)
- E15, E37, C1 (Copics)
- Glue Dots
- Blue scrap paper
- Yellow baker's twine (Doodlebug)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)