Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mini Valentine using Lawn Fawn Flying By and Mister Huey's

Hello! I'm here to share the first of a short series of mini-valentines I am creating this year. First up is one for my brother!

I began by creating my own patterned paper, using Studio Calico Mister Huey's and their chevron mask. I am a little late on this spritzing bandwagon, but I am loving experimenting with them! I ordered them a looooong time ago from Peachy Cheap and they've just been sitting in my craft room looking pretty..until now! I love the soft result I got when I used this Tiffany-ish blue (obsessed with that color) on white cardstock. I trimmed a 2 7/8" square.

After it dried, I adhered the misted paper to a 3x3" card I trimmed and scored out of some nice thick Papertrey Ink Spring Moss cardstock.

Next, I stamped both paper airplanes to Bazzill Basics Coconut Swirl cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I trimmed them with my cutterbee scissors and colored some accent lines with Copic CG1.

I did some direct stamping onto the patterened paper for the flying lines and the exterior sentiment - I stamped all in Memento London Fog. because there was no elipses stamp, I used my Memento marker in the same color to add some to the end of my sentiment. I added the airplanes on foam adhesive. Finally, I added some washi tape for some texture. I did the same direct stamping and washi tape techniques on the interior.





I've got a few more Valentines to make, so stop back in! Thanks for reading. :)
xoxo
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)