As this school semester comes to an end, our school will say "see you soon" to 2 sweetheart students and their mom - they will be living in another country next term. They are special to me, and I'm making them cards before they go.
* This is a white 4x4 (fits A2 envelope!), with a grey 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" mat.
* The grey mat is stamped with Hero Arts Friend Definition in Milled Lavender, and the edges are ink blended with the same.
* The pearls in the upper corners are self-adhesive & lavender, from Recollections.
* The ribbon was sheer white, but I inked it with Dusty Concord. I hadn't yet done this with ribbon - love it!
* And last but not least, this chandelier, which I am in love with, is cut at 3" from the Summer in Paris cartridge. Cut out of DCWV paper from Pocket full of Posies stack.
^ Close-up of ribbon detail. I love this - I bet I will rarely use ribbon now, without inking it!
- - -
2 of these -- one for each girl:
* This is a white 4x4. The bottom is punched with a fiskars border punch (sorry, I don't know the name).
* The rainbow heart and all its layers are cut from the Create a Critter cartridge, at 2.5" (+ shadow). Glitter paper is DCWV.
* Coordinating eyelets are The Paper Studio and I love them.
* Purple scrap inside card to emphasize border punch, and edges are blended with Tumbled Glass.
- - -
I'd like to take a sec to talk about the cartridges I used for these cards, because they're 2 of my favorites.
First, Summer in Paris is one I bought back before I really got into using my Cricut. I think it was my third cart. ever - found it on sale at Archiver's. This cartridge is SO GORGEOUS, and semi- hard to find. All of the images are VERY intricate (so I wouldn't advise very small cuts). There are options for several 3d projects as well - this chandelier is one of them. The images are actually pretty versatile - there is a phone, hot air balloon, male & female silhouettes, bike, car, perfume, phrases, several Parisian landmarks, and more. It's not everyone's style, but if it's yours, I'd get it while you can. I love mine! You can read more and see the images here.
Second, how about that Create a Critter? This is BY FAR my favorite cart of my collection. It is filled with adorable animals, phrases, accesories and more. The card I've made here shows that there is a lot more than just critter layers on it. In fact, I love this cartridge so much, I'm tempted to write Provo Craft and suggest/ask if they have thought of coming out with a second one. I'm just sayin', if they can make a second Paper Dolls, there are tons more critters they could give us to create...You know it would sell like hot cakes.
- - -
I want to give a big friendly THANK YOU to Sammye Jo at 62 Cards. She put a link of my blog on hers to get some followers for me. :) She does the most beautiful work - and right now she's doing 12 Days of Giveaways! You've gotta see her. :)
Gotta get to work now. Many thanks for reading!!