Friday, August 6, 2010

Of Epic Proportions, Part I.

Today was a scrap day! Here's a crafty fact about me: my scrapping is not spontaneous. All of my crafting supplies are located at my grandmother's house, where she has created a scrapbooking room, and I have therefore transported ALL of my supplies so that we can work together. It's so nice to have this common bond with her, and to share ideas, encouragement, and goodies with one another. So all of my crafting slots are ones that are scheduled (think like going to a crop) rather than when the mood strikes me. This can be great on an "on" day...maybe not so much on an "off" day. =P Walking away from my session tonight with only 1 complete page, and a 2-page spread just in it's beginning stages, I might have thought tonight was and "off" day...

BUT IT DEFINITELY WAS NOT!!!

Tonight I created what, in 7 years of scrapbooking, is probably my most epic page. Not saying it will be my most epic page ever, or even in this book (hellooooo, i haven't gotten to the Lady Gaga page yet! ;) haha...). BUT, it took me hours upon hours to complete, and I have never been so thrilled with my own work. *Yes, this is the sound of me tooting my own horn*...I feel I deserve it! In case I haven't mentioned it in my blog yet, which I don't believe I have, my current project is of a Glee album. For reasons I won't get into (because I would gush for days...), I am completely and utterly obsessed with Glee. The show made it's debut into my life when I really needed a happy crutch to lean on, and Glee and I have not parted since. My devoted boyfriend bought me tickets to see the cast live in concert in Chicago last May. It was one of the happiest nights I have ever had, for many reasons. The segment in which Lea Michele sang Don't Rain on My Parade was very meaningful to me, and I am doing a 4-page spread on it. The first of these pages is introducing the character Rachel, one of my favorites, in all her glory.

So I present....My Rachel Berry page!!!

NO idea why this keeps uploading sideways - it's done that twice, so I'm leaving it! lol. You get the idea! :)


Detail of title. These are fabric thickers, with gold Stickles over the top. The gold star is from cricut cartridge George & Basic Shapes, on DCWV glitter CS, with gold Stickles over the top as well. The black rhinestones are by Kaiser Scrabooks, and the red ribbon is just from my scrap supply. :)


Details of waist ribbon on both photos. (My favorite part!)

Again, no idea why it's sideways. White & red plain cardstock, distressed with Heidi Swapp edge distresser, inked with Ranger Distress Ink in Fired Brick; gold eyelet is lost on me, but I bought it from an TAC (The Angel Company) sales rep.

<3

Cardstock: Hobby Lobby Textured black
Title: American Crafts Fabric Thickers; Stickles
Gold Stars: Cricut (George/Basic Shapes cartridge); Stickles
Rhinestones: Kaiser Scrapbooks
Brass eyelets: I want to say The Paper Studio, but I bought them unlabeled from A TAC (Angel Company) rep.
Photo Corners: Scrapbook Adhesives
StarBrads: The Paper Studio

I just love it so much - I keep staring at it! There are times when I finish a project and think, "Man, very few people are ever going to look at this, and those who do will most likely not notice all my hard work and details!". Does anyone else ever feel that way? I don't really feel discouraged by it, though, because scrapbooking isn't just about the finished product. To me, it's also about having a hobby that lets you be crafty with your hands, mind, and creative imagination.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)