Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thank You Card!

Well, I FINALLY got to do some fun work tonight! Only a 4-hour-ish session tonight, but I'm pleased with my 2 projects that I completed in their entirety! Firstly, one of many cards I want to get done in the near future. This Thank You card is for the mother of one of my students, who just recommended me and scored me a part-time second job. (How amazing is that?!) The card is similar to one I did for a friend's birthday a year or 2 ago, though I feel this one is an improvement.







TOOLS USED:
*plain white card and matching envelope
*Stampabilities: Le London Script and Thank You
* Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Pumice Stone (new!), Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky (new!)
* Studio g ink in violet (it has no name, but that's the color it resembles)
*Ranger Glossy Accents
*Colored Pencils
*Versamark Embossing pen
*Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Peeled Paint
*Prima Flowers
*Stickles in Golden Rod
*Glue Dots
*Black Souffle Pen
*Stampabilities black ind pad

HOW I DID IT:
*stamped Le London Script Stamp over entire card using' Pumice Stone Distress Ink.
*hand-sketched a vase using grey and black colored pencils
*applied glossy accents over vase
*scraped various distress inks over coordination prima flowers; let dry
* Hand-sketched stems with embossing pen; heat embossed with peeled paint distress emb. powder
*used glue dots to adhere prima flowers
*added golden rod stickles to flower centers
* stamped thank you in black ink; let dry
*traced over thank you in my new black souffle pen!
*made, attached, and signed handmade backing logo

VOILA! I'm patting myself on the back for this one - I feel that it really shows the sentiment I want to express - gratitude. I love how quick card projects can be! I mentioned to Grandma that I might even be up for the challenge of making my own Christmas cards this year...if I could get started early enough... :)

Thanks for reading!
xoxo

p.s. ~ here is my 'original' from the past!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)