Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

There are a few things I would like to get accomplished this upcoming week, craftly speaking. Lots of cards, which I haven't done in ages!! Here's what's on board:
(update: i deleted this list when i made my blog public - because many of the items i wanted to get done, didn't happen...i can't have them thinking i don't care!)
- My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our 4-year anniversary in the next couple of weeks, and I'd also like to make him a card...
- Our date also falls on my parents' wedding anniversary.

Phew! :) That's a whole lotta card makin'!


I've started a wishlist of items I want to obtain over time, but I'm challenging myself to ONLY get them when they are on sale. I just don't see any sense in paying full price for something, when it is going to be 30-50% off on sale in a few weeks, or I know a coupon is due in the mail soon. It can be a little difficult to work around, but it saves a lot of money. (Who ever said scrapbooking was a cheap hobby?!) Currently on my list:
- Souffle pens 10 pack. (I sort of took a LONG vacation from scrapping, while life got in the way, and all my pens dried up! So I want to indulge in some really nice quality ones now...)
- Several Jolee's Boutique 3D sticker sets
- 12x12 album

I've gotten into the habit of sketching my layouts before I start them. This helps me especially because my current project requires so much planning as far as getting all the pictures in order and fitting them onto the right pages. It's very overwhelming, but it's a project I'm really excited about, so it works. Grandma says she thinks it's brilliant to do said sketches. It's worked really well the past week, because while I've been on "vacation" from work, I've been nannying 2 girls. There are very few lulls, but lulls nonetheless, during cartoon time, or their lunch, where I have a few minutes to myself and can think about how I want my pages to look. Having my materials at someone else's house and not at an arm's reach can be quite the challenge, so sketches really help me when a vision occurs to me! :)

That's about all for now. Not a very exciting post, I guess, but I had some ramblings!
Thank you for reading!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)