Monday, August 23, 2010

Wishful Thinking

In September of 2006, I visited Nashville, IN with my mom (about 20 minutes away from where I was going to college). It was on this trip that I discovered what has come to be my favorite craft store. Nestled in the heart of super-cute Nashville is this charming little shop completely devoted to paper crafts. It’s called Wishful Thinking. During my 4 years at college, I spent many hours shopping and gaining inspiration in this boutique. This weekend, my boyfriend and I returned to Nashville and our alma mater to celebrate our 4-year anniversary. As per our usual Nashville routine, we separated -- meaning he went shopping in many, many stores, while I spent all that time in just one: Wishful Thinking.

I can’t quite put my finger on what it is that I love about this shop so much. Maybe it’s the lady (the owner?) who is always SO polite and helpful. Maybe it’s the fact that you can take pictures of any of the TONS of examples they have sitting around nearly every product line, to gain inspiration (or “scraplift” ideas). Something I love: Any line of products (Stickles, or Distress inks, for example) they carry will have a card posted with swatches of every color, so that you can see what you're really buying. This has sold me on countless items, because it gives an honest representation of the products! I love Hobby Lobby as much as the next girl; going into a store with regularly-stocked shelves is fine—but going into a store that bounces with creativity and inspires you to try new techniques is a whole different experience. To me, an experience that no crafter should be without.

Here are just a few photos I took for inspiration during this and past visits:





You can read and learn all about Wishful Thinking on their website, here.

(I can't seem to find my pictures of the exterior of the store, so I swiped this one from Google Images.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message. It really brings a smile to my face! :)